...industries jargon, corporate specialized language, vocabulary, local dialect... organized, archived and documented...
Intertranslations collaborates with expert linguists upon terminology related issues. The company provides its associates with ongoing access to translation tools, such as databases, glossaries, and dictionaries to ensure standardized results. These tools allow for consistency and technical accuracy, ultimately ensuring cost-effective services for every client.
In order to offer high quality translation services, Intertranslations has invested in Terminology Database Management Systems. Sector or Industry expertise is collected from various resources in the company (see "Sources" below), but primarily from the development and documentation departments. This expertise is then made available for the localization processes, through the use of the Terminology Database Management Systems. These tools allow us to manage, process and update our own glossaries in the main terminology database, which is then distributed, via Intertranslations’ secure intranet, to the staff and translators remotely working on the project. Additionally, our clients have access to our Terminology Database, which was designed for their specific use and update their corporate own. Hence projects are delivered to any geographical location, corresponding to a uniform set of rules and parameters and to the highest standards. Terminology management ensures the clarity, readability and consistently high quality of our clients’ texts. The database is a unique translation tool, accessible to all authorized users at any time and any place. With the Terminology Database Management System, Intertranslations has created its own terminology tool especially for the industries and the clients it serves. This gives us a unique competitive advantage over other translation companies.
Terminology Trados Server 2009
Continuing its long term strategy, Intertranslations further invests in its infrastructure, as well as in Terminology Management and Translation Memory Systems. More specifically, Intertranslations has proceeded to the acquisitions of:
- Terminology Management - SDL MultiTerm Server 2009
- Translation Memory - SDL TM Server 2009
We are one of the very few European companies to have invested in such technologies. The SDL MultiTerm Server 2009 enables us to manage complex and large scale terminology projects alongside our customers' translation projects. Additionally, the SDL Translation Memory (TM) Server 2009 enables us to provide our partners with the ability to share translation assets in a flexible and intelligent way, regardless of location. This latest investment is integrated with Intertranslations' extensive Terminology Library in the following industries:
- Aviation / aerospace
- Military and naval sector
- Banking, finance and economics
- Business and marketing
- Electronics, engineering, telecommunications
- Law, government and political science
- Travel and leisure industry
- Optics and photography
- Architecture and environment
- Health, medicine / pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
- Terminology reference sources and library
Intertranslations' in-house library catalogues over 5,000 sources, in hard-copy and electronic form, which provide references and solutions to many terminology issues.
- dictionaries, glossaries, encyclopaedias and terminology references
- scientific journals, articles and excerpts of texts
- subscription to linguistic resources and reference guides
- custom-made language guides
- theses and dissertations in applied translation
- electronic translation portals and fora
- webinars developed by associates
Terminology data organized according to subject
Intertranslations' library is organized by language and subject, allowing direct access to any reference source and the effective management of the terminology databank. Subjects include the following:
- automotive and aviation / aerospace, military and naval issues
- banking, finance, economics, business and marketing
- electronics, engineering, architecture and telecommunications
- law, government and political science
- travel and leisure industry, optics, photography and the environment
- health, medical, pharmaceuticals and hospital equipment
Terminology approval and integration
Intertranslations can integrate any specilized terminology in every text upon review and approval by the client. The company can also provide glossary services to clients and the option to register their preference, term-by-term, in accordance with their needs and corporate profile. This high degree of co-operation ensures successfl results across all stages of the translation project.