...don’t go on a wild goose chase. Find a working and verified translation solution customized for your industry. Read our case studies and see how similar translation problems have been resolved in the past...
Translation Services for the Consumer Electronics Sector
Our client* manufactures business and industrial imaging products. Its business line includes copiers, laser printers, fax machines, and multifunction devices. The company operates on a global scale with 38,000 employees. Focused on the production printing market, the company primarily targets corporations, copy service providers, and print shops. The company also makes optical devices, including lenses and LCD film; medical and graphic imaging products, such as x-ray image processing systems, colour proofing systems, and x-ray film; photometers, 3-D digitizers, and other sensing products; and textile printers.
Intertranslations completed a translation project for one of the company’s main digital cameras, which was then given to one of the world’s largest consumer electronics manufacturers. The translation was of an operator’s manual from English into Greek. In addition to providing translation services, Intertranslations also performes quality assurance checks and reviews.
Intertranslations utilised localization services and Translation Memory to guide this specialized translation because of the project’s size, 27 files with 21,000 words. The translation memory helped reduce translation efforts by finding that 34% of the content had similar or repeated words throughout the text thus reducing client’s cost by a large amount. Utilizing a translation memory also ensures consistency and accuracy throughout any project.
- Translation tools and processes helped reduce client’s translation costs by 27%, and improved consistency and accuracy of the whole digital camera devices translation project
- Elimination of human interaction consequently reduced translation costs around 20% by streamlining the project management of translation especially with regards to managing documents
- Integrated system for translation of the company’s different types of support content
We complete Industry projects based on:
- Industry Experts and Specialists: Terminology has a mundane effect on whether a translation project is accurate. Intertranslations assigns linguists with experience in Consumer Electronics in order to match the needs of your project. This ensures that your final translation will have the correct industry terminology and thus communicate the original content to your target audience more effectively. Whatever type of document that you might need translated within this industry, Intertranslations translates documents with the required consumer electronics expertise and experience
- People Performance: Quality translation begins with experienced professionals. Projects are carried out by qualified translators and project managers, thus ensuring consistent quality and a trusting relationship with our clients. Intertranslations selects its translators for each particular client, based on 3 specific points. Each team member is rated on a) their native language skills, b) their industry-specific skills, and c) their technical ability to work on different types of projects.
- Process and Methodology: Intertranslations tailors the approach to each project thus ensuring the highest translation quality at the lowest possible cost. For consumer electronics projects, the process steps are: File preparation - Localization kit preparation –Translation – Editing - Post-translation engineering - DTP or build - Proofreading / Linguistic QA - Graphics localization - Implementing review comments - Final QA - Testing. - Final production and Delivery.
- Translation Strategy Consulting: Intertranslations has 16 years’ experience in the consumer electronics industry. Our specific knowledge in the field can help your company understand how you may benefit, for example; what markets to target, which languages to complete, and which materials to localize.
Indicative Projects Completed in the Industry:
Companies in this industry have trusted Intertranslations with translation projects which have covered: catalogues, fact sheets, product specifications sheets, installer’s manuals, labelling, marketing material, product registrations, quick reference guides, regulatory forms, training material, warranty documentation, white papers, safety work sheet and quality control sheet.
[*] for confidentiality issues we cannot disclose the name of our client who wishes to remain anonymous